Tuesday 1 January 2008

A moment of reflection please

I think this time of year is for reflection. While most of the world seems hell bent on making resolutions that they swear this time will stick, I like to take a moment to look back over the year that is almost over and think about what I achieved…or didn’t.

At the start of each year I write down a couple of things for each part of my life that I’d like to achieve. Now that does sound a lot like New Year Resolutions but that's not how I think of them. For me these are not amazing and life changing things as resolutions usually are, but are experiences, tasks or skills that I think will stretch me and enhance my life a little. I guess there's little difference really but it's my blog and if I want to call them goals instead....I will!!!

I don’t always get them done. Life is fluid and changeable. What is right now might not be so right in a few months time but the point of it all is to find ways to live my life rather than just let it go by in a haze of 9-5ness.

So what did I achieve this year?

Well…I got myself sorted out online. Not only did I set up this blog but I’ve also managed to post fairly regularly! Gotta be happy with that!

Cooking wise, although I’ve not kept track exactly, I’m pretty sure I’ve managed to try a new recipe at least once a month. It’s certainly been a good year for soups and muffins!

Knitting of course has been successful this year and I have knitted two cardigans….one of which I actually wear!!

Although I haven’t finished my Correspondence course like I wanted to I have made good progress on it and am rather pleased with how I’ve integrated the things I’ve learnt into my life.

It hasn’t been a good year for writing unfortunately (aside from the blog and essays) and that’s something I’ll have to address in the New Year, however sometimes life goes in different directions and you have to accept that.

It’s not been the easiest of years for us. Lots of big decisions, hard choices and not a little fancy footwork to keep life moving forward. However it’s time now to move on, to take what we can and to welcome in the New Year with as much positivity and champagne as we can!

Have a Happy & Safe New Year everyone. I just know it’s going to be a great one!!!!

No comments: