Tuesday 15 January 2008

A new week, a new challenge

Oh I’m having a bit of trouble. I’m really a routine kinda gal at heart. Without routine I have a tendency to become distracted and before I know it I’ve spent the day on some obscure task such as alphabetizing my collection of theatre programs or reorganising my spice rack.

I’m finding that without work to set the routine I’m struggling to make the most of my days. Ok….no what I’m struggling with is the studying. Or rather the discipline that’s required for studying. It seems I can force myself to sit down for an hour every night for 4 months and spit out a cardigan at the other end but try to sit down at the computer for an hour or so and suddenly scrubbing the toilet seems like a great idea!

Even now I’m supposed to be studying. And here I thought that losing my work broadband connection and having to rely on my “home dial up Internet that is slower than a snail with a brick on it’s back” would prevent me wasting days of my life on the net. No sireebob!

SO…due to the mild success of last weeks finishing binge I am making another online commitment. I will finish four…no three (lets live close to reality) essays this week and post photographic proof on this very blog. If I don’t do it all of you who the statistics say are reading please feel free to post a derisive comment. On the other hand if I do manage to finish them I expect congratulations, hoorahs and some balloons!

Strange how it can be so hard to do things that we want to do….even when those things are those we are interested in.

No comments: