Saturday 5 January 2008

I am the List Queen...hear me roar!

January....from my calendar

Well the start of the year loomed in front of me a few days ago like a big black hole of potential unknown-ness....and for a little while that was all too much to deal with. After several months of stress and headless chicken behaviour I apparently needed a couple of days to rest and recuperate....who would have thought!

Those couple of days gave me the chance to think about some of the things I'd like to do this year and once I started writing stuff down I couldn't stop. The list is very long so far however it appears that a list is what I need to give direction and purpose to my life, (probably not very healthy but to each their own) and so a list I now have.


So...a sample -

Watch the entire series of Buffy - yes this is what I got for Christmas!


Knit four things with wool from the stash - the stash is growing at an alarming rate...some of it must be used. Four things should be easy


Learn how to make sushi - I've wanted to do this for forever...this is the year!


Go swimming - I was doing this several times a week a (long) while ago but work got in the way....now that I'm footloose and fancy free it's time to do some of the things I enjoy

Read 10 must read books - the list is yet to be finalised but I wish to extend my reading genre's. I'll probably post the list at some point.

Get CV up to date - boring but necessary! Although I'm not working now I will need that CV in the future


Enjoy my time off - this is a biggie for me. Apparently there's a big chunk of my self worth that's tied to my work and so I don't do unemployment well. I feel guilty, I worry and I stress. The couple of months I'm taking now is not without purpose and as such I am giving myself permission to enjoy not working. I have earned this break and will do fun things with it such as visit the shops, walk along the beach, take photos, knit and have coffee in a different cafe each week/day/hour...as the need hits me!

This year is going to be great....I know...it says so on my list!!

No comments: