Monday 28 January 2008

hello...where you from?

Coming to you direct from exploring the market streets of Aswan....I've managed to locate an internet cafe with internet! (not as common as you would expect)
Egypt is an amazing place...very hard to describe its so full of contrasts. I'll perhaps try to explain it a bit better when I've got more time, however we are loving it. People are incredibly friendly and once you get used to tipping every one....sometimes just for being there....you find that people will do just about anything for you.
We spent two days in Cairo, visiting the pyramids, museums, churches, temples and the old Cairo area before catching the overnight train to Aswan. It was not a good trip. In the end the train was 4 hours late and we spent the last couple of hours dodging mice. I'm not even going to mention the toilets!!!
Aswan is a completey different feel to Cairo. More relaxed, calmer and less hectic. The Nile is the centre of everything and although we've seen some amazing temples here I think our highlight so far was the felucca trip we took out around the islands today. So relaxing just to see the world float by.
I'm sorry I don't have any pictures to post as yet. We've already taken an embarrasingly large number and I'll get some online as soon as we get home.

No comments: