Monday 31 December 2007

Ho Ho H-over...

I hope you all had a wonderful, merry and entertaining Christmas. We certainly did. Our Welsh Christmas turned out even better than we planned. The cottage was situated in the middle of the valley of nowhere, somewhere down a dirt track and there was no one for miles…except sheep and cows...and one resident robin!
We walked around the coastline, meandered along very blustery beaches, shopped our way through some of the towns in the area and spent our nights in such a peaceful and relaxing blissfulness that we really didn’t feel like coming home.

It turns out that doing nothing is harder than it looks and we found it hard to adjust at first. I found myself sitting down all peaceful on the outside but inside I’d be racking my brain trying to figure out what it was I was supposed to be doing!! A kind of panic set in as we realised we were to have no mobiles and no internet. There was no list writing, no timetables and no plans of things to do or see but by the end of the week we were wondering where the time had gone!

Christmas day we went out for a ramble in the countryside that turned into a full on mountain climb as we took the hard way up the hill…completely ignoring the pathway. It was however the very thing we needed and once home we were able to eat, drink and open presents knowing we were simply too exhausted to go out again!
We walked around Strumble head, along Newgale beach, explored Pembroke castle and Haverfordwest town, had coffee in St Davids and got drenched in Carmarthen.

Prior to leaving I managed to get everything I needed to done. Which of course means that some things fell by the wayside. I did get the scarf done (at the eleventh hour) and the mystery project (photos later this week) A few last minute, non-craft subsistuions were made but once again it was knocked in to me that I can't do everything...at least not in the month of December!
Once we reached the cottage all motivation (and my brain) disappeared and all I was capable of doing was stocking stitch on the “should have been long finished” Pippa bag. Even that didn’t last long and I switched on to cross stitch…which I haven’t been interested in for almost 2 years! The change was nice tho and all aches and pains have since disappeared.

Photos I have in abundance, and will post them over the next week or so, of knitting projects, Christmas and Wales!

No comments: