Tuesday 11 December 2007

Panic Stations!

Like knitters all around the world at the moment I am starting to struggle with the terrifying and impending deadline that is Christmas.
Every year I overload myself with tasks and crafty type stuff to wow and impress people. (why I don't know) This year I tried to play it safe and be realistic about my time frame.
I knew the knitting projects would take more time and since the event is set to be rather low key this year I figured not so much craft was needed. And so my initial list was short, concise and full of smaller projects.

I think the key word there is initial!!!!

The list has grown. It has taken on a life of it's own and I am powerless to prevent new crafty ideas joining the queue. It's like a giant runaway conga line. Out of control and joyously snaking it's way towards my tinsel covered doom!

Somehow having a shorter list backfired and instead of having enough time to get everything done comfortably my underworked brain diverted itself (I am in no way responsible) to other areas.....thus creating more work and NOT creating more time!!! I've not even started on the annual Christmas cooking of biscotti and rum balls and eleventy million mince pies to give out and it's already two weeks to Christmas. (this is something I realised this morning) And I'm not any further along with the knittng!!!

Why does this happen every year. It's not like we don't know it's coming. But damn it I plan for this....so why do I feel so behind?

Here are some photos of my tree. Twinkly lights soothe the worried beast!
And with the light off so you can see the lovely fibreoptics twinkling away!

No comments: