Monday 10 December 2007

Is it a bird? A plane?

No it’s the weekend flying by at the speed of sound…blink and you’ll miss it!!

And that’s exactly what I feel I did. I achieved nothing, I didn't get any extra sleep and I pretty much feel like I've gone straight from Friday night to Monday morning!!

I went Christmas shopping but bought nothing, I went out but did nothing, I cleaned but it didn’t make any difference, I knitted but seem to have made no progress! It’s like there was no weekend at all!

The only thing I managed to do was produce some mince pies and peanut butter and choc chip muffins. Both of which look so pretty I will take pictures tonight and post them tomorrow if only to prove that I actually did get something done this weekend!!

I lie though, I did do something else. Friday night was the night I’ve long and eagerly awaited. We had tickets to Crowded House!!!!! That I have to come half way around the world to see them was strange but it was the best concert I’ve been to in ages!
Despite the night being sold out the entire concert felt small and intimate. The band chatted to each other and the audience and were clearly having a great time. They got us all singing and involved in the songs and by the end we felt like we’d not just been to a great concert, but rather had joined in a jam session with the guys.
At one point the audience sang the chorus to "Fall at your feet" without the band and as Neil said...it was reverent. The feeling of happiness in the audience that the band was performing again was tangible.

I remember sitting in my room listening the farewell concert in Sydney over 10 years ago and feeling so sad I’d never got to see these guys live. Well now I have and it not only lived up to all my expectations but it blew them away! Absolutely Brilliant!

I guess the weekend wasn't a complete loss then!!!

Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera so I have no pictures for you all. I hang my head in shame…

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

LOL Kathie, I can relate to that - the weekends flying by and feeling like I've achieved nothing!! Do you mind if I reproduce that first paragraph on my blog? Attributing it to you of course - so many of my cyberspace pals will be as amused as I was! You have a clever way with words...
Thanks for visiting my blog so often - it's great to see a comment there from you...even if it is to say you're homesick (grin)

MrsG said...

Oooh goodness...thanks for the compliments!! It's nice to know people enjoy reading what I write as much as I enjoy reading about other peoples blogs! Not sure mines anything special tho...just telling it like it is...