Friday 21 December 2007

Hear those sleigh bells jing-a-ling...

hmmm...not sure if those are the exact words but that's the way I sing it. And carol singing I am these days since I picked up a '4 CD' compilation of Christmas songs. I think I now have every song with the word Christmas in it that's ever been written!!

Today is the end. The end of my contract and thus current employment, the end of work for everyone else, the end of my time to get things done. What doesn't happen today doesn't happen.
Most folks have until Christmas day. I have no such luxury because I am off to Wales!! We have hired a lovely cottage in the middle of nowhere and will be taking off this weekend with some equally lovely friends to spend a relaxing, peaceful, countrified Christmas.

It's going to be great! Lovely winter rambles through the countryside, long wanders along blustery deserted beaches, warm cozy nights in front of the fire! I might even get lucky and have some snow! (although they say it's going to warm up a bit by then)

It's not all joy and tinsel tho as I'm teetering on the edge of what I think will be a nasty cold and my hand is still playing up making knitting of presents more painful than is comfortable.
However.......
Cards all done
Calendars all done
Presents all done
Mince pies all done (thank god!)
Biscotti all done

...just a bit of a scarf and 1/2 a beanie to go...then it's Christmas!

No comments: