Monday 17 December 2007

I can see the light...

Yup....faintly glimmering in the distance I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm not there yet but I feel the weight lifting off my shoulders...that familiar "more things done than to do" feeling of relief.

The weekend was a productive one. Much running around like those headless chickens we always hear about, much last minute desperate snatching of odd items off the shelves, much substituting of ingredients I'd forgotten to buy!!!

Nah, actually it wasn't that bad. I did have to go back to our corner store about 5 times for things I'd forgotten during my mammoth cooking session in which I made 4 doz mince pies, 3 lots of biscotti, one meat pie and the stuffing for the turkey! The mince pies were all for gifts and would you believe I've run out!

Knitting News - Almost there. I'm about 1/2 way on the scarf and have cast on for the last beanie. The mystery project that must not be named is done bar the felting. Unfortunately my hands are starting to protest loudly so it's now a race against my joints! I might have to revise my knitting plans for over the holidays.

Saturday night we took time out from Christmas to go see Kate Rusby. Folk singer extraordinaire, it was a great night. Kate was on form and having as much fun as we were. We were all given song sheets at the door and eventually she got everyone singing and joining it. It actually felt quite festive and was a really friendly atmosphere.
Plus I got taken out to dinner!! By Matt, not Kate. We went to Carluccios a great Italian restaurant where I indulged my love of calamari, liver (I am strange I know) and gelati! Not all at the same time of course!!


A very bad picture of Kate Rusby on stage.

No comments: