Tuesday 4 December 2007

Little peeks into peoples lives

I like blogging. I'm not sure why because it actually creates extra work for me but I can't help myself, I like it. I get a weird sense of connection by putting my life out there. Connection to what? I don't know. Part of me refuses to believe there's anyone reading what I write here aside from my mum!! Who else would be interested? There's barely enough knitting content to interest knitters and way too much to interest non knitters!! (note to self :- decide who the audience is)

But it appears that there are a few of you out there reading away, despite my lack of faith, because not only did I find someone last night who reads my blog but also I have access to an Analyser gizmo.

Yup I have a tool that helps me make sense of the traffic that comes and goes on this blog. And so when I feel like no one else on earth could possibly be interested in what I have to say I can log in and prove to myself that such people do exist.

And you guys are from all over the place!!

There are places I’d expect to see on there. Places where I know people and have spread the blog word...like Australia (Melbourne & Brisbane in particular) and of course England but it never ceases to amaze me that there are so many other countries on there. Holland, India, Sudan, Indonesia, Spain, US, Germany, Russia & Japan as well as places in Australia and England where I don’t know anyone at all.

I love reading blogs myself and have quite a few I visit on a daily or weekly basis. I love reading about things other people have done, both in their lives and their crafts. Obviously I'm not the only one who feels this way because there are many thousands of people out there doing the same thing as me. (Just do a search on a topic that interests you and add blog to the end of it....see how many results come up!!)

I guess I shouldn't be so surprised that there are people who like reading about my life!

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

It also helps when the Blogger is a good writer. For "Good", read articulate, good speller, amusing, thought provoking. You are all of those, plus I know/knew you as a real person!