Friday 19 October 2007

Sweet Potato & Onion

Another week, another soup. This time Sweet Potato & Onion. I have another Sweet potato recipe but it’s somewhere on my computer and I got all lazy and didn’t want to go to the trouble of finding it so I picked this one out of a cookbook.

It was good. Very thick and creamy even tho I didn’t add in the yoghurt. But it was very sweet and orangey and you definitely need some bread or crackers with it. I couldn't eat a massive bowl of it but the smaller bowl I has was lovely, wintery and warming.
Definitely worth trying

Sweet Potato & Onion soup
Ingredients
900g Sweet potato’s diced
1 carrot diced
2 onions sliced
2 garlic cloves crushed
600ml vegetable stock
200ml orange juice (unsweetened)
225ml natural yoghurt (I didn’t use this)
2 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
Salt & Pepper

Method:
Sauté the potato, onion and carrot with the garlic in some vegetable oil for about 5 minutes.
Add the vegetable stock and orange juice and bring up to the boil.
Reduce to a simmer for 20mins or until the veg are cooked
Whizz till smooth and return to the pan
Stir in the Yoghurt (if your using it) and coriander
Season to taste and serve!!

No comments: