Tuesday 2 October 2007

Soup Kitchen

Apologies for the lack of posts last week. I started with good intentions but lost my inspiration and I’m blaming the weather!
I know that this is England and so, not the sunniest climate and I know that it’s now October and so we should be expecting some Autumnal atmosphere. HOWEVER I, like the rest of the country was holding out hope that even at this late stage we might get something that resembles a summer.

It is clearly not to be. The weather has changed with a ferociousess that has taken everyone by surprise and left the whole country a tad shell shocked! It’s grey, it’s wet, it’s windy…hello winter!

I first noticed the change last Wednesday when I got rained on as I walked to work. Obviously the raincoat and umbrella I was using were inadequate for the tornado inspired squall I was caught in because it took my trousers till 2.30pm to dry out and my socks were still wet when I got home.
This is what I’m up against people. This and puddles in the sidewalk that could swallow a small person!!! (ME!!)

Sigh…but on the up side it’s SOUP season!!! And I love soup. It’s also snuggle up under a duvet season, Hearty meat pie season, DVD watching season, ignore the garden season, knitting season, Apple pie season and of course the dreaded Christmas season - although this doesn’t officially start till December.

But back to the soup season which is one of my favourites. I love me a soup and I have a huge number of soup cook books which, I realised yesterday, I don’t really use that much. I tend to just repeat the ones I know.
SO I am going to make a new soup each week until I get sick of the idea!! If they are good I’m going to post the recipe up here because I want to share the soupy goodness with you all. No, don’t thank me…I consider it my civic duty!

Also so you know I’ve put some new photos up on the photo page (follow the link here or the one at the top of the page). The photos are from the Medieval Festival we went to before we left for Canada.
I'll be making an effort in the next two weeks to get some others up there as well so keep checking back.

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Ha ha! I love that list of seasons! I prefer winter to summer for most of those reasons. I've been trying to convince Ken we should move to Tassie when we've retired, but I'm pushing uphill on that one. I think he'd rather live in Qld....urk.