Wednesday 10 October 2007

No...don't tell me...

The last couple of months have been hard. I’ve made repeated dashes to the radio to switch channels and launched myself across the lounge room to turn the sound off on the TV. I’ve avoided web pages, walked away from people mid conversation and blatantly refused to read any magazine or newspaper article.
It’s been a struggle but I’ve made it…why and what you ask? Well in two words...Harry Potter!

I'm just about to start the last book in the series and despite everyone else in the world having read it I still don’t know what happens or who dies or anything!! yay me!

I thought I was being quite smart really. Till I started it on the weekend. 23 pages in and I was dumbfounded. Till it dawned on me...

I’d missed a book.

Somehow despite all the hype that accompanies these launches I completely overlooked Number 6, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
So in reading the first 20 pages or so of Number 7 I managed to ‘spoil’ the ending to No.6. Bollocks!

I am now ¾ or more of the way through No.6 and things are making much more sense. I have to say it’s much better than No.5 which I thought was an annoying read at best (settle down people it’s just my opinion…to which I’m entitled). I will say that I’m enthralled by the story at the moment. I can’t read it quick enough to find out what happens next. I haven’t been this enthusiastic about the plot since the first book came out.
I’m on track to finish that one today and start No.7 tomorrow. So I’m just going to stick my fingers in my ears and sing for a wee bit longer.

No comments: