Thursday 4 October 2007

Courgette Soup

Ok, this is kinda cheating since I said I'd post new recipe's that I tried out and liked and this one has been a staple of ours for a couple of years now. But it's one of our favorites and it was new once!!!

Courgette Soup
1lb courgettes (sliced) yellow tastes different to green ones (I use green ones)
1 large onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
8oz potatoes
1 1/2 pints of vegetable stock
salt & pepper to taste

Firstly sweat the onion and garlic in the pot until soft and then toss in the courgettes and potatoes to saute for a few minutes.
Add the stock and simmer until soft.
Put through a blender till it's smooth and add seasoning to taste.

So easy and sooooooo yummy!

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Yummy soup, Kathie! Love your blog - fantastic flower photos! I'm at your Mum's place doing this, and I haven't got time to check all the other photos. Come and visit my blog, so I can put you on my sidebar and visit you often.
Gina (remember me?)

MrsG said...

As if I'd forget you or anyone in OZ!!!! Had no idea you had a blog till now but have already been over for a visit!