Thursday 11 October 2007

Carrot & Coriander

Soup I promised you and soup I will deliver. I decided to start my soup trials with one I’ve been meaning to try out for a while now.
Carrot & Coriander…and it was goooooooood. Very simple, very quick and very yummy. Best of all you can control the corriander-ness of it all…cause some folks don’t like it so strong.

So…serves four, takes about 20mins to ½ hour to make and goes really well with homemade bread rolls!!

Carrot & Coriander Soup

Ingredients
450g carrots…I sliced and chopped mine to make them cook quicker
1 onion…sliced and diced as well
1 tbsp vegetable oil…for frying only
1 tsp ground coriander
1.2 lt veggie stock
large bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
salt and black pepper…to taste

Method
Put the carrots and onions into a pan, add the oil and cook until starting to soften.
Add the ground coriander and cook for about a minute longer to heat the spice.
Pour in the veggie stock and bring to the boil before turning down the heat so the veg simmer until they are tender
Whizz it all together until smooth. Reheat in a clean pan, stir in the fresh coriander, season to taste and serve.

I forgot to take a picture unfortunately but it comes out this lovely warm orange colour with green flecks of coriander...very pretty!
Next time I'll try to remember to take a photo before eating it!!

No comments: