Sunday 28 October 2007

Chicken & Pasta Broth

This weeks soup was a bit of a comprimise. I've had a craving for a creamy chicken soup but I really wanted to do something in keeping with the season....like you would have when feeling sick or in need of some comfort food.
Everyone I spoke to said that Chicken Noodle or Chicken with Pasta is what you have at those times and so I put my own cravings aside (how selfless!!!) and went with the majority.
I have to say it tasted lovely even tho it didn't come out at all like the photo in the cook book. The only thing I changed was brocoli instead of carrots...cause we didn't have any!

Here's a nice arty close up shot designed to make your mouth water! It's hard taking photos of food and making it look nice

Chicken & Pasta Broth

350gm boneless
1 medium onion, diced
250gm carrots, diced
250gm, cauliflower florets, chopped small
850ml chicken stock
2 tsp mixed herbs (thyme, oregano whatever etc)
125gm small pasta shapes
2 tbsp sunflower oil
Parmesan cheese

Remove skin from chicken and dice.
Sauté chicken, onion, carrot & cauliflower in oil until lightly coloured
Stir in stock & herbs & bring to the boil
Add pasta shapes & bring back to the boil before covering pan and simmering for 10 mins
Stir occasionally to prevent pasta sticking
Season & serve with parmesan cheese

No comments: