Wednesday 20 June 2007

I've been told!

Well, I’ve been told off! I don’t know…you go out of your way to tell people about your life and suddenly they are picking up on every little thing.

Apparently waaaay back in May I may have blogged about a box I was to pick up at the post office. It was all very exciting at the time as I was expecting several items and didn’t know which one it was.

Apparently I never let you know what was in the box……

SO…in the interests of keeping things neat and certain people (you know who you are) happy I am now letting you all know what was in the box.

It was yarn.

Yarn that I bought off ebay to make into a blanket for someone’s Christmas present. I can say that on here because I know she won’t ever read this. (But if anyone tells her I’ll open a can of whoop ass!!) I may knit it or I may crochet it…I’ll let you know.
Hmmm, just so you know the grey in the picture is actually a light green in real life. The colours go really well with the roomwhere the blanket will be kept.






This yarn I have mentioned before and also got it off ebay. However I am still undecided about what to do with it. I saw it, fell in love and bought it in the space of about 3 seconds.
I think it will probably be a scarf because it would show off the texture and colour. Only 200gm of the stuff but sooooo lovely.
Suggestions are welcome.

I also received the next day (I think) the needles that I got off ebay to knit the shawl for a friends birthday (and I got it done in time but didn’t take a photo). One book came later the next week and I have just received (last week) the remaining books that my lovely mother sent me for my birthday!! I love new books in a very serious way.

I’m sadly not expecting anything else at the moment which means your all up to date with my mail situation.

Some knitting content? Well things have been progressing but in a slow and excruciating way. Apparently my brain has slipped out in the middle of the night in search of a home where it might be better appreciated because I’ve been making the same mistakes over and over again.

Having started the left side of the front of the cardigan it seemed only natural to try to finish it however that was when my brain went awol. After the ripping marathon that was the beginning of the front I thought it would get easier.

I was wrong.

The last week has been a festival of dropped stitches, purling on a knit side, tinking back to increase a stitch and forgotten decreases. I finally finished the left front last night and strangely you can’t see any of the blood, sweat or tears involved. Actually that’s probably a good thing aesthetically speaking.

The soul destroying thing is that this is not hard stuff...even for someone of my tiny knitting experience. So we’re onto the right front and hoping that this will be significantly easier than the left. Although just to be sure I’m off the wine this week!!

P.S notice how I got two pictures to go where they were supposed to this post!! How proud am I!

No comments: