Friday 8 June 2007

Shenanig-bins!

It is Friday morning...not yet 9.30am and they have confiscated my bin. In fact they have taken everyone's bin away. Apparently it’s to encourage recycling however it's making me want to do anything but. In fact it's making me want to collect everyones rubbish and dump it all in the middle of the office.

The official word is that since we all get up to get tea/coffee quite frequently that we should be able to throw things out then. Of course the sole kitchen bin is always full and now that everyone in the office block has to use it for everything it will soon be overflowing with all sorts of stuff.

Sounds great huh? It's creating an atmosphere of ‘them’ against ‘us’ and I know of several people who have stolen back their bins from the pile and secreted them away.
There must be better ways for the company to go about this surely?

On a slightly less hysterical note thanks to some careful explaining of the obvious by my knitting mentor I have managed to get the hang of increasing without creating large and unsightly holes. Apparently the trick is not to move the first stitch onto the left needle…who knew!!! Knitting is not as easy as it seems unless you are smarter than me.
I will probably still rip the little bit I have redone to try to get it even neater still but am quite pleased with myself that I have picked up yet another useful piece of knowledge.

Now back to the hysterical and overly excitedness that will definitely end in tears towards the end of Saturday as I get over tired.
I am off to the South of England show. This once a year show is the best ever and is full of tons of lovely things that have me running with glee (yes glee) from one stall to the next. They have piglets and chickens (two of my favourite things should I ever choose to sing that song) and loads of local food stuffs to stock up on including wines from my favourite vineyard Lurgashall who produce the most gorgeous wines from fruits, honey, vegetables and flowers!
Ahem…of course I’m not just going for the alcohol. No I’m not!

There are heaps to see and buy and I will be taking pics of everything. Hopefully I will get to post some of them on Sunday or early next week. For those of you already pointing out the weather forcast……A) I don’t care and B) even if I did care (and think that it was the most unfair thing in the world that it should rain on the day I'm going out AGAIN) it’s not going to stop me!!

No comments: