Monday 25 June 2007

Monday-itis

Another Monday morning dawns on our collective groans as we realise that yet another week has begun and the weekend is once again as far away as it can be.
But let us not be down hearted…I had a great weekend! And now for your reading enjoyment and in an effort to delay anything resembling work, I shall relive it for you!

Friday night I went to Music Park 2007, The Eighties. It was a great night. It threatened rain but held off until the very end and by then no one cared. The audience was predominantly older…as you’d expect but there was a strange

feeling of unity there. Everyone reliving memories of where they were and what they were doing when this music was around and popular and the whole event was incredibly friendly. It was fantastic!!
Now I was still quite young in the eighties and have to say that the names of quite a few of the artists performing were not familiar to me. However I knew a lot of the songs. I guess I was too young to be into the bands thing but old enough to hear the music…particularly towards the late eighties.
Anyway we sang, we danced, we cheered and we got rained on! Great night

Incidentally if you don’t recognise the artists/bands in the ever so slightly blurry photos they are from top to bottom, Altered Image, Limahl & Paul Young.

Saturday we ventured up to the wonderful world that is the allotment of Sally & Steve where we picked raspberries, admired potatoes (then picked/dug them too) and took a few photos…as you do! As soon as we got home the potatoes turned into potato salad which we lived on for the rest of the weekend! YUM.

That afternoon we hiked up to Crawley where
there’s a new hobbycraft store just open. Makes a nice change from the 2 hour drive to the Southampton one! Spent an hour or so wandering around thinking of all the crafty things I could do. Bought a book on felting….it’s got some lovely bags in it that I want to try and they seem easy enough.

Watched a couple of episodes of Doctor Who Saturday night, we’d taped them previously. One of these was titled ‘Blink’. Dunno if anyone's seen it but if you haven’t: don’t. Well do, but don’t. I mean it’s the best one I’ve seen to date but it’s also the scariest and you’ll never sleep again. Freaked me right out but so, so good.

Sitting in front of the TV means knitting and I got a huge chunk of the right front done. I remembered to take some photos and will post them tomorrow. Not that it looks like anything much yet.

Sunday it rained…from start to finish. SO I made some chicken stock, a blueberry cake and a chicken roast as well as a rhubarb & raspberry crumble. Comfort food!

Not overly exciting but not a bad weekend really and for once it felt like a long one rather than the “blink and you’ll miss it” kind that I normally have!! (blink….shudder)

Hope everyone has noticed that I've got several photos in the same post...almost (not really) behaving! Now I just have to figure out why the spacing with the text is a little out of kilter and I'll be set.
Hope your weekend was as good as mine! I’ll post some more photos tomorrow.

No comments: