Thursday 7 June 2007

packing my suitcase

Welllll, matt spoke to his aunty in canada…finally and it’s full steam ahead. We’ve been told officially that there are beds for us to sleep in and that our invites have been posted. I’m rather excited now. I love Canada and besides that the Yarn Harlot frequents the Toronto area and yes I know the odds are against me bumping into her on the street…but I live in a world of dreams!

Roll on September!!! Now I'm too excited to work or even look like I'm working! In canada there are people we love and long to see again...not to mention the fabulous yarn shops to visit!! Can't wait, can't wait!

Plus on the weekend I was walking past some shops and I saw a dress in the window that would be perfect…for someone else perhaps. It wont suit me as it’s strapless and wearing dresses with the bodice hanging down around my waist is not a style suitable for weddings...at least not for me.
But I did see some other possibilities further in the store so the dress hunt has commenced. A very important hunt indeedy as it is for two weddings and possibly a day at the races!!

So all I need to do now is book the tickets (this week), hire a car and plan what we want to see while we’re there! I think we’ll be sticking to Ontario while we’re there this time. I’d love to get out into some of that wilderness again but I doubt we’ll have time.
Of course in my tiny little mind that sounded like a challege!! Oh dear.

The bad news is that once again we are going at the wrong time to see polar bears. Sigh…

Knitting is going slowly. Last night I ripped what I’d done of the front as it was looking pretty bad. There are so many ways of increasing and decreasing stitches that it’s gotten rather confusing. I do this to myself at times. I believe it’s caused by thinking too much and thus complicating matters. Anyway I had a play around and I think I’m a little better but it might be time to visit the knitting mentor…...which for some reason I can never say without hearing a fanfare in my head.

My head is a strange and mysterious place. Enter at your own risk!

No comments: