Thursday 17 May 2007

What's in the box?

I love getting things in the mail. In this day and age so much anticipation and fantasy has been lost to the email and the sms. Not that I’m complaining of course. I live in a different country to many of my friends and family and for us the email is the most efficient way to communicate. Also there’s a certain kind of joy or disappointment with finding something in your inbox of a morning.
However there’s nothing like the excitement of making your way home at night with the possibility that a large box of yarn might be waiting for you!!! Or the disappointment that yet again those 15mm needles have failed to arrive thus cutting another 24 hours off your knitting time!

Last night I received 200gm of the most gorgeous yarn from an ebay purchase. Very exciting although I’m not exactly sure what I want to do with it. I just know I needed it! Perhaps a scarf for me…..

Tonight I have, the post office informs me, a parcel that is very excitingly “too big for the letterbox”!!!! EEK! It could be yarn. It could be needles. It could be birthday books (which I have been waiting on forever!) Either way it’s making the day go slowly and work seem less desirable than ever!

In other news I got absolutely nothing done last night. Watched some cooking telly whilst carefully knitting me cardy. I’m so paranoid now about dropping stitches after ripping the darn thing about seven times already. (yes seven! I'm very clumsy sometimes) And I’m only at 25 rows!! (I’ll have you know that at 116 stitches wide that’s almost 3000 stitches in total...not counting what I’ve ripped!!!)
I just know I’m going to love this pattern but I also know it’s going to take me and my uncoordinated fingers at least a couple of months to get it finished!

But I want it now!!!

No comments: