Wednesday 13 February 2008

Finally.....some knitting!

It feels like forever since I spoke about knitting but strangely it just hasn’t been a priority so far this year. I think that after all the frantic Christmas knitting I needed to take a break. Plus I’ve had no projects lined up after my Le Slouch hat.
In fact inspiration didn’t grab me until I ventured into the LYS on a completely unrelated mission and found a new Sirdar yarn called Juniper displayed on their wall. I went back the next day and bought the yarn in the Ginger colour and a pattern (8969) for a jumper.

It’s for me. I don’t have enough confidence in my abilities yet to knit something so big and fitted for anyone else. The best thing about this yarn is that it’s chunky and knitted on 7mm needles which means that even though I’ve only been working on it for a week I’ve already got the back finished and the front is ¾ done too! I should (fingers crossed, touch wood etc) be wearing it by the end of the month. It’ll be the quickest ‘large’ project yet!

Above is the front. Very nearly done as you can see.
This is the back....just waiting for me to pick up the stitches and knit the rib around the neckline.
The usual arty shot of the wool.
And another arty shot....cause you know I can't resist getting all arty with wool!!!

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Oh! You're BACK! And I'm just about to head off to bed - bum. Teach me not to check my favourites more regularly...I'll be back very shortly for a tour of inspection!