Saturday 23 February 2008

We have Ribbing!

Yup, as you can vaguely see from the photo below we have ribbing on the Juniper Jumper which means it’s almost done.
I say 'almost' with an impending sense of doom as earlier today I noticed that the one side of the neckline had developed a strange line (very hard to see on the photo) where the ribbing joins the body of the jumper. I am now debating ripping it right back and redoing that section. I think I will as I’d like to actually wear this one.
Even so it should be done by early next week!

In other knitting news the Pippa bag has been felted and now only requires putting together. This means handles attached and contrasting pattern motif sewn on. This project has been pushed to the back of the line on many occasions so it will be great to finally get it done. It felted nicely and using my previous experience at felting I left this one in the machine for only 30mins. So it’s shrunk less and is not as thick a fabric as before.

What else is new and exciting….well we had men in the tree at the front yesterday. It was great fun to watch (yes I was procrastinating) however I think they over did it and the tree now resembles more of a stump than a tree…sigh. I know they mean well.

Also the Egypt photos are nearly done and should be ready by Monday I think. Considering that we had nigh on 2000 photos in total I think I’ve done very well to narrow it down to 50 odd!

And finally for today the central heating has been replaced and is up and working. The house is now toasty and warm. The two days we were without heat or hot water gave me a chance to wear my thermal underwear which I really don’t get to do often enough!!

No comments: