Wednesday 27 February 2008

Great night out

I had thought that we'd run out of tickets. I usually book things well in advance and have a nice little stack of events, gigs and shows to look forward too. I thought we'd run out. Then suddenly I discovered something hiding down the side of the drawer. It was David Gray tickets! WOO HOO! I'd forgotten all about them....lucky I remembered in time!

Anyhoo we went last night and it was great. It was better than great it was Fantastic. You know when you get those moments....when it all comes together, when everything just seems to click and you look around and realize that this is a moment you want to imprint on your brain and keep forever. They can happen any time, you can be alone or in a crowd, doing something momentous or insignificant, it doesn't matter. The moment is just there and it's something to treasure.
Perhaps I'm getting a little carried away...it was just a concert. But as we were listening to these songs that I absolutely love played live by some incredibly talented musicians everything clicked. The atmosphere was electric, the lighting was amazing, the crowd were enthralled and the music soared.


In addition to a great performance by the man himself the support act was a surprise as well. Her name was Beth Rowley. What a voice. I would have been happy to sit and listen to her all night. I can't wait till her album comes out...def one to watch for the future.

1 comment:

Today: In Seven said...

Found your blog on blogger and just wanted to say that it sounded like a great concert and good luck with your Juniper Jumper.

By the way, I have a blog too and I give away cheap prizes to whomever wins the weekly drawing. If you're interested read more from my blog, if you're not, that's fine, keep blogging!