Wednesday 14 November 2007

Wednesday Ramblings

Having finished the cardigan I now find myself with a multitude of slightly smaller projects to knit for Christmas that need starting ASAP but for lack of yarn or the correct needle size or whatever I can’t do anything yet.
I am not worried tho noooo…I have from a reliable source that there are still 42 knitting days before Christmas and I am confident that I will get these things finished……stop laughing. As the local store doesn’t seem to stock very much of what I need I’ve ordered these things online and hopefully I shall be knitting happily away over the weekend. Currently I’m biding my time knitting this....the Pippa felted bag by Rowan

It’s a bag…it's a felted bag. It shall be pretty and make people stop me in the street to ask me where I bought it when I have finished it!! Oh yes it shall!
I have one side done so far so I guess that’s about a third of the way. It’s straight forward and mindless which is nice when you’re watching TV and trying to keep tabs on who’s got what power in Hero’s!

Can anyone else feel the hot breath of the festive season on their necks? We have our first Christmas card, restaurants are taking bookings and the stores all have their decorations up. Christmas adds are all over the TV and the race for the No.1 Music Chart position has started.
YUP, tis the season to huddle in fear under the duvet with a bottle of scotch...or is that just me?

The new program for the Duke of York cinema has come out and it is jam packed with loads of stuff I want to see but know I will never have the time. It’s not just sad it’s a crime to have such a cinema so close and use it so infrequently. I hang my head low with shame but see no way to change the situation…at least this year. (oh and you know Christmas is close when you start saying that!!!!)
Perhaps I should switch soup of the week for film of the week but I’m still not sure that would miraculously create extra hours in my week.

And to finish off this rambling blog here’s a weird photo for you. Took it a week ago through the window and I think it's pretty cool!

No comments: