Thursday 8 November 2007

Ravelry, ravelry, ravelry...

What a great idea that site is! I can happily whittle away the day just wandering around other peoples projects. Finding out what they are doing with the same yarn that I have. Looking for inspiration...and finding it in larger quantities than I can handle!

If any knitters are reading this chances are they've heard of it otherwise you may be wondering what I'm raving on about! Ravelry is a knitting site, a community, a database, an information source and a source of inspiration all rolled into one. I say knitting but it also includes crochet, spinning and other such crafty pursuits.
It gathers all these crafty type people into one place and accumulates information about them. What they've knitted recently, works in progress, what they want to do next, what yarn is in their stash, what they think of various patterns and yarns. Then after that's done you sit back and enjoy the important task of browsing!!

I can search on patterns or yarns or yarn companies or designers or people or groups or places (there are quite a few knitters where I am!). I can read their blogs and websites, message them, ask for advice or join a group or post on the forum. If I find something I like I can bookmark it; putting patterns in my queue is something I'm doing a little tooo much of late. My queue is ninety hundred miles long at the moment!

It really is quite an amazing resource...but I haven't logged of it in what feels like 3 days!!! eek

No comments: