Monday 12 November 2007

FINISHED!!!!

YAY...it's finished!!!! Well ok, it's actually been finished for a week now but I've not had the time to take photos and there seemed little point to posting without the proof to back it up. Anyway now it's been very carefully ironed and seems to be sitting as well as its gonna. There is some gathering where the rib meets the front panels but since this is all first time stuff for me I'm just pleased to have a garment that I'd be happy to wear out in public! A little gathering never hurt anyone anyhoo.

So despite the length of time it's taken and the previously mentioned gathering I'm really quite proud of myself. I've been told it wasn't the easiest of patterns for someone with limited knitting experience and it has definitely been a steep learning curve. However I don't hate the colour and I can stand the sight of it even after all the ripping and tinking that was involved so that must mean it's a success!!!!
The finished product!!(Please ignore the mess in the background)
A clearer shot of the cardy An arty shot of the stitches!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks really great and the stitching looks very even. Couldn't see the gathering. Wear it proudly as you have done a great job. Mum