Tuesday 27 November 2007

Beanie Love!

I have finished my very first beanie……for the second time!

This time I’ve sewn it up instead of ripping it back. (Read - taking a pair of sissors to it because at the time the yarn refused to rip and sissors appeared to be the only other alternative, PLUS cutting it was only slightly more scary that owning a too small beanie…I think I’d been drinking.)
I’m still not convinced that the finished product is a) neat enough to give away or b) the right size for the recipients head however it’s not all bad since it fits me quite nicely!!
Mostly though I'm just pretty darn proud of myself for actually knitting a beanie. Oh I know in the knitting scheme of things it's no big deal and next to the cardigan I finished recently this is small fry, I'll agree. But I love it anyway and the world seems somehow brighter. After the cardigan I was proud yes, but also exhausted. After the beanie I feel like casting on for another!!!
Suddenly there is so much oppertunity out there. Think stripes, think cables, think POM POMS!!!!

A-hem...unfortunatly I don’t have photos at the moment because I don’t have time for that sort of frivolity however I shall try to have some done over the weekend. No really I will try!!

It’s all getting a little ridiculous at the moment because the last postal dates are coming up quickly and with the huge amount of stuff I send out at this time every year...well lets just say I do put the silly in the silly season!
There are ‘things’ to be sorted and wrapped, cards and letters to be written, 7 birthdays to be accounted for and cards/presents to be included where appropriate. AND all of this needs to be carted down to the over crowded post office and indiviually weighed to get the correct postage to ensure that if something does come back to me…it ain’t my fault (are you listening this year Royal Mail?? The address to send the parcel/card to is on the front. Y'know, where the stamp is!!!!)
If that isn’t enough for you then I raise the stakes by sending said cards and parcels to no less than four different countries!!!!

Excuse me while I go open another bottle of wine!

No comments: