Monday 1 September 2008

Disappearing act

Another Monday morning, another spent weekend. And what do I have to show for it? Well….not as much as what I’d hoped for, certainly I didn’t get everything on the to do list done but then my to do lists are rather long and so long as I get the top five done I’m happy.

Saturday started out with a wild search at a local park for a farmers market. We never found it and suspect that the date was wrong on the advertisement, however we did discover that the park had a farm/zoo. There we were, driving along looking for farmers and suddenly there were Emu’s by the side of the road!!! I whipped out the camera and took this….
Well when I say whipped I mean, turned it on only for it to tell me there was no card in it and then I had a fight with my phone camera, which is useless anyway since I can’t download photos from my phone then in desperation I turned on the digital again and lo and behold there was a card in it after all….
While all this was happening the mother and two baby emu’s wandered off so I can’t show you a photo of them. I guess that means I’ll have to go back next weekend!
(the above process is becoming more and more like the norm. Mr Blueyarn now turns the car off whenever I get out to take pictures.)

Sunday was spent at Bunnings. I know we did others stuff…and possibly went other places but all I remember is Bunnings. I think in future I’m just going to check my wallet at the door and tell them to help themselves….what a dangerous place it is! However we were there on a mission as it seems we are missing various household items that we should have. Since the storage unit is now empty of boxes we have to admit the truth.....

The mice have made off with our laundry basket....
the gremlins stole all our pegs...
the pixies have hidden all our coat hangers...
and the ghosts have appropriated our dish washing rack!
Luckily for us Bunnings stock all such items and our household is starting to look normal again!

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Just one of the down sides of renting your home out...

Sharon said...

Weekend have a way of disappearing more quickly than lollies at a kids party...
I think time is moving ever so much more quickly than it did...
Have you sorted yourself out now????
Take care