Friday 19 September 2008

Seedlings

Wow it's been a week of garden posts huh! Well it's what I'm doing at the moment I guess and I am rather excited by the fact that I have my first seedlings (that I have sown) of the season. Blurry but growing and I can see movement in a few other pots so by next week everything should be bursting with life.
Store bought seedlings are coming along nicely too
Pumpkins....
Red Cabbage...
Ruby Chard...
My strawberry runners (Red Gauntlet) have settled into their new homes and are putting out new leaves.And my rhubarb looks equally as happy to be here

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

I hope you are adhering strictly to the watering restrictions? These plants do not look like they are growing in a drought stricken land. But if you planted them just before we had a few minutes of rain last week, they should be grateful for small mercies.

MrsG said...

In every house (and country) I have lived as an adult, I have made it a priority to collect water both inside and outside the house. OF Course I am adhering to the water restrictions!!
Don’t get me started about the fact that by growing my own veg I Drastically reduce my carbon footprint, but am still only allowed to water my veg twice a week while others can get their cars washed, fill swimming pools and waste water on lawns....hmmm....stepping off the soap box now!!! Hehe