Monday 8 September 2008

Spring has Sprung

Well I’m going to ignore the fact that last week seems to have passed me by. I meant to post I really did but it was a hard slog of a week and somehow blogging just didn’t rate high on the priorities.

This week, however, for the first time in ages I am feeling positive about the house and the move. I can feel us moving forward now, not just treading water in an ocean of bubble wrap! Also now that we have a phone and internet at home things are starting to feel much more normal and the blog should return to its normal levels of mindless drivel soon. The house itself is starting to feel more like home. Sometimes we come in and do a double take as it’s looking very much like it used to. It’s familiar and strange all at once.

The eternal struggle with the boxes continues and as time goes on our ‘stuff’ from the UK draws closer. I am going to have to make an effort this week to get some more things unpacked so we have room when the UK boxes arrive.

We bought some seeds and vegetable plants over the weekend and have started with the planning of “The (veggie) Patch”. Now all I have to do is wait for it to magically dig itself…….but more on that later.

I think that the little bit of sun over the weekend is what is helping with this change in our frame of mind. After two winters the signs of spring are in the air and the way everything seems to be bursting in to life with so much joy is quite contagious.

I managed to take a few photos around the back yard before the camera battery died…..and then another photo before the second battery died. Some things never change!!
Below is a fruit tree.....we planted quite a few before we left. But after 6 years away who knows what survived and what didn't and we no longer remember what sort of fruit it is. It's quite exciting really!

No comments: