Tuesday 8 April 2008

Winter Wonderland!

Well there are heaps of things I could post about at the moment but they will have to wait because the most exciting thing to happen recently, by far, is SNOW!

We decided to go up to London on Sunday to see the relo’s and say good bye to a few people and so started out early to avoid the traffic. Only half an hour into the journey the weather started to close in and suddenly it was snowing. But it wasn’t just snowing......
Visibility dropped and traffic slowed right down. Now I know that those living in more inclement areas of the world will be snorting their amusement at my description but in my world….this was a blizzard!!
It was the heaviest snowfall I’ve seen since coming over here and it even settled overnight. If I look out the window now I can still see our roof covered in a layer of snow around 2-3 inches thick.
Not having driven in snow before heavy or otherwise it was a bit nerve wracking but I was so happy that I’d finally got a decent snowfall that I couldn't wipe the grin off my face all day! The fact that it snowed in April…..well I can live with that!
Trees that had just started sprouting leaves had their branches covered with snow, flowers were weighed down under it and the whole of London took on a slightly magical feel.
Of course in London it didn’t last that long although it snowed on and off during the day. However when we got home last night it was to find the place still covered with the wonderful white stuff.
We saw numerous snowball fights taking progress and snowmen everywhere. I just wish we’d been home for the day because the park down the road was littered with the remains of snowmen and masses of snow.

No comments: