Friday 4 April 2008

Enough Already?

Well I just don’t seem to be able to get this blog thing happening at the moment. I had planned to keep a record here of the whole moving country thing but the slowness of the dial up connection and the way time is moving at the speed of light is conspiring against me.

Anyway suddenly we’re down to 2.5 weeks and life is hectic, frantic and extremely emotional. Everywhere I go I think to myself “is this the last time I’ll see/do this?” There’s heaps of events and shows being advertised right now that I’d love to see but we’ll be elsewhere, not to mention the fact that finally all the TV series are starting again!!
I’ve actually run out of time on the weekends and almost all our week nights are busy too. We've already seen some people for the last time which is really sad but worse than that is discovering all the people we simply won’t have time to catch up with. It’s quite depressing really.

I know I should be more positive about it all but all we seem to be doing is leaving….we've been doing it for months and it’s hard to be upbeat about it. I love it where we are. This is my home and I don’t know what’s waiting for me back in the Land of Oz. I'm discovering that there is only so much leaving a person can do.

Tomorrow though Matt has the day off work and we’re going out for a drive somewhere. I’m sure there’s a castle, pub lunch or a beach out there with my name on it. I’m determined to enjoy my last few weeks here and not just spend them franticly racing around like a headless chicken. The weekend is full of bead classes, movies, pubs, shopping and a visit to London to see the relo’s at some point too!

What was that about a headless chicken?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

come off it, the headless chicken thing is great;-))) don't worry, im there with you - tomorrow i move out completely and ive got shyte EVERYWHERE!!!! how do you accumulate so much bloody stuff! as fer the people you wont get to see - try thinking about the people youl get to see after how many years is it???? Excitement plus! its all new again...at least for a few weeks anyway. i lose my internet altogether as of monday too - i cry evertime i think about it. will contact you from mums. enjoy chica see you soon! m.

Gina E. said...

What's waiting for you back in the land of Oz?? For goodness sake, we haven't changed THAT much! Even after a change or two in governments...Melbourne still has four seasons in one day now and then.
Eltham has lost McEwans and gained Bunnings, and also gained a Dan Murphy liquor store since you were last here, I think...Other than that - oh the post office has moved up one spot and we now have Priceline next door. What else do you need to know??
Mum is happy in her new job - but you'd know that of course!