Wednesday 23 April 2008

Phew!!

I am blogging from Canada now as we arrived Sunday night. I had planned to make a last post from the UK but like many plans they just didn’t pan out the way it was supposed to and there were many things that I hoped to get done that I just had to let go. We were so busy that our heads are still spinning and we had to prioritize quite severely. However most tasks were completed in time and although we’re extremely sad at leaving I can’t say that we’re not happy that the actual leaving part is now over.
So once again all our worldly goods are packed in boxes and due to be shipped back in a few months time, our suitcases were allowed on the plane despite them bursting at the seams (who knew that hand luggage could be heavier than normal sized suitcases??? Our flight was uneventful...which is how you want a flight to be and we arrived in Canada ½ hour early and whizzed through customs in about 10 mins! Very unlike last time when we stood in a queue for 2 hours!! The best news was that they didn’t even question my new ‘airplane’ safe knitting needles and so I spent most of the flight happily knitting away and impressing the stewardesses!!

Anyway the big move has commenced and in a month we’ll be back in the land of OZ, sweltering in the Autumn heat and fighting off the spiders (not that I’m scared or anything!) For now however we’re taking a well earned break! My Internet access is limited here so posts will be intermittent although I will try to post some more photos when I get the opportunity. For now you will have to make do with the photos below as taken from the plane.
This one is taken whilst over England. I love the patterns the clouds were making.
The one above and the ones below are all of Canada as we were flying over. The amount of snow and ice that was still on the ground was amazing and the patterns created...stunning!

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Sweltering in the autumn heat? I thought you were coming back to live in Melbourne, not Darwin! Don't worry about spiders, I haven't seen any for ages here. Think the drought might have killed them off....nah, it was more likely to be our BC Topsy. She likes spiders. They are nice and crunchy.