Wednesday 9 April 2008

The what have I been doing list

And after the snow came the sun. Today has been as sunny and warm as a spring day in Australia and after re-potting some plants this afternoon I could almost believe I was back there already!
Here’s an example of what you don’t want to find. (for the record this is not my plant!!!)

Anyway I figure it’s time to catch up on what’s been going on during my absence the last few weeks and the best way to do that is a list!

1. Went to London at the end of March for the Stitch and Craft show (Link goes to the 2009 site) which was GREAT! We had so much fun there and spent a bit more than what I meant to…but hey….it’s craft! There was loads of cross stitch, knitting, beading and paper craft (the only thing that didn’t interest me greatly)

2. While in London I took the opportunity to finally see St.Paul's Cathedral. I've wanted to see it for so long now and although it was too late in the day to climb up the dome, the church itself is beautiful and definitely worth seeing if your in London.
My little point and shoot camera couldn't quite cope with the scale of the building!
3. Went to see Step up 2: The streets, at the movies. It’s very much aimed at the teenage market but myself and Karen couldn't resist seeing it as it follows on from the “so you think you can dance” TV show (US) that we love.

4. I've been to a couple more beading classes and shall post some pics of what I've been doing later in the week.

4. The great pack-a-thon continues and I can't wait till it's all done. Things progress though and it's possible that I can almost sense that there might be, somewhere, the shadow of the light at the end of the tunnel!

5. There have been several big nights out since I last posted regularly. However all photos of said nights are never to see the light of day since they are all really, really......really bad! Still....great nights out usually equal bad photos!

6. Tonight I am off to see Yamato, The drummers of Japan. I think this will be rather good and will let you know

7. Some knitting news. Well...sorta. I'm still knitting...frantically as it happens but am unable to say too much as its the gift variety. However it's all coming along very nicely and I promise to post pictures soon.

8. Tomorrow I am doing a surprise activity. Well I know what it is now but it was a surprise before Monday. I'm not going to post about it now but I am going to have a wonderful day tomorrow and I'm all excited. Details and perhaps photos on Thursday!

...and I think your up to date now with what's going on in my life, which is more than I can say for myself!!

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Ken has a DVD of the Japanese drummers. I don't know how our neighbours can stand it - you can come and keep him company to watch it when you are home! I don't mind them in short bursts, but for an hour non-stop? I head off to do some shopping!