Friday 11 July 2008

Crafty times are here again 2


Despite trying very hard to limit the amount of beads I brought over with me in the suitcases I ended up with a lot.....ALOT!! And then in Canada I managed to add to that substantially (they have great beads in Canada!) Anyhoo I figured I could justify carting them half way around
the world if I used some of them to make things.....
Above is the floral spiral ....loosely based on something I saw in a magazine but ending up nothing like it!!
The silver spiral...need to make one of these for me now.
This was my foray into knotting which I think turned out ok. I've yet to try it again though. Something for a rainy weekend I think.
The Golden spiral. I like the way the pearl round beads gave this one a softer feel. That's the great thing about beads. You can use the same design but switch some beads around and you get a completely different look. Of course after three or four spiral's I'm looking for something a little different now!!!

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Ha! I know which workshops YOU will be going to at the Quilt Show!