Monday 9 July 2007

shakin the blues

Even if it is my last one for a while there’s something about Monday mornings that makes you want to bury your head in your cereal and hope that it all goes away.
But it never works and so here I am sitting at my desk trying desperately not to go and get a coffee (I’m weaning) and wondering how I’m going to get through what will probably turn out to be the longest week in the history of very long weeks.

SO I figured I’d cheer myself up with a list (I love lists) and here it is!

10 things I won’t miss about my work

10. Annoying accents in the workplace (all day…every day!)

9. People drinking on the trains…I know they look similar but trains are not pubs.

8. RSI, bad back pains and blurry eyes…hazards of the trade!

7. Those strange office folk who don’t clean their cups and are proud of their coffee rings…it’s not a mark of how dedicated you are it's just gross

6. People who go to the toilets to talk on their mobile. (Am I the only one to find this weird? I mean surely there are better places)

5. Business men who will shove you out of the way in a queue but insist on holding open a door for you when you are 20mts away forcing you to run so that they can be polite.

4. Really short evenings…by the time I get home I have only 3-4 hours before I SHOULD be in bed. (eat, shower, TV…there’s no time to do anything useful)

3. Them wot stole my bin (see earlier post)

2. Paper cuts on my nose from free papers being shoved in my face outside the station.

1. Other people’s music as heard from their mp3’s on the train. (even good music is bad when heard through other peoples headphones…either get some real speakers so we can all hear it or turn it down….I said turn it down….I SAID…Geez what are you deaf???)

No comments: