Wednesday 4 July 2007

Out of the blog closet

Once upon a time I used to have a web site that I kept updated with our comings and goings and travel plans. It was largely so friends and family around the world could keep in touch.

However it was quite hefty on the maintenance side of things and quickly became more of a chore for me than anything else. Eventually I stopped updating it…at the time fully intending to revamp and remodel. However in the end it was much more fun to do other stuff and live my life and so the website died.
But my desire for an online presence didn’t and the search for an alternative began. Somewhere where I could share my life and thoughts with people and display the photos of places we’ve been.

I looked at many different webpage sites, packages, formats and templates and they all shouted “maintenance” at me. (strange thing to shout huh!) It became clear I was looking in the wrong place and eventually I turned to the blog world.

I was not convinced it was for me. I tried a few out. I almost liked some of them and then I stumbled across blogger. It wasn’t love at first site but I was intrigued and since then it’s grown into a kind and generous friendship where they do all the work…and I do all the blogging!! And you gotta love that.

Although I was able to post photos into the blog the sheer number of photos we take meant that it wasn't a pratical way to display them. So I set out to find me a site for the photos that was when I came across Smugmug whom I love with an all abiding passion! They rock.

So there it is…one blog, one photo page and no maintenance!!!! Sounds like fun huh!

You might be wondering why I’m going over all of this. Well…I’ve just let all those friends and family in on the blog secret and I figured I'd explain a little of how it all came about! Now everyone I know is aware of this place of mine…no pressure huh!

Welcome guys, have a look around...hope you like it!

No comments: