Monday 18 August 2008

More house stuff...

Finally got a moment to sort out some of the photos we've taken of the house. Things are a little more positive now but every now and then we stop cleaning and look around only to realize just how far we have to go before this place is comfortable and ours again.Above is the backyard. It's in better condition than we thought with the drought and all. A lot overgrown and very neglected but workable. My veggie patch will go in against the far fence I think. Although I'm a great believer of integration so some stuff will go in to the garden with everything else.
This is some roof damage. Three separate leaks in this one spot right above the chimney. We think we may have fixed the leak but repairing the damage is another issue all together.
Lovely!
The gutters or as I prefer to think of them...my rooftop garden
The oven...after 5 goes with "easy off". It's approaching what I would term normal. I wouldn't be happy to have my oven in this state myself but I don't think it's out of the realm of normal now.

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Oh dear...as for the damage in the first photo - do you think that may have been caused by the house shifting due to the drought? It's been happening nearly everywhere, some suburbs are worse than others.