Wednesday 19 September 2007

Back to work blues....

Groan…I feel horrible today. I haven’t felt good (well or healthy) since getting back from Canada. Is it withdrawal or jet lag? I’m awake when I should be asleep, asleep when I’m supposed to be getting off the train and groggy in between! My sinus’s (which have never really bothered me before) are tight and tingling and I’ve had a headache for weeks.
Even though I feel so bad I was kinda hoping I still looked like my normal self. However it appears the cracks are showing.
My ‘best’ comment today (and bear in mind that it’s only 11am) is “Hey, you look like crap!”.

Excellent!! Why did I get out of bed again?

Aside from feelings of under the weather-ness the weekend was good but short. (Definitely back to reality there!!) We have a glut of apples at the moment and they are rotting under the tree faster than we can use them. So I did some creating cooking on Sunday and made an Apple, apricot and cranberry chutney which looks lovely but I’ll have to wait a couple of months for it to mature a bit before I can taste it.
Also made a Spiced Apple cake which lasted about 10 mins…it was very, very nice. And some Spicy Apple muffins (a different recipe for comparison) which are disappearing at only slightly slower rate than the cake. Quite please with the results actually as I have another cake for the repertoire and have tested out the silicone individual muffin cups that I bought recently. I don’t know if silicone is any better than metal to cook your food in but they are definitely a lot easier to get cakes out off. (The trick is to wait a bit after you bring them out of the oven.)

A brief knitting word…when last I mentioned knitting I think it was to explain the horrendous mistakes I made with the arms. The good news is that I now have one arm finished correctly and have ripped back the other arm (again) and am about half way through re-knitting it (again!) I’m trying my hardest to get this project done by the end of September cause I have other projects to do before the end of the year. I’d also like to cut down the time it takes me to finish something cause the list of “I would like to knit…” is getting long and at this rate I’ll be 60 before I’ll have finished my current list!!!! The only good news about that is that my invite to Ravely has come through (probably only of note to knitters) so I can keep a track of all the stuff I want to do! (and find more!!)

Well that's about all the enthusiasm I can muster for today. Hope yours is better!

No comments: