Thursday 5 April 2007

testing 1 2....1 2....

So…a blog.
Well it certainly seems to be what I’m looking for anyway. I’ve been running a web page for friends and family since we (my husband Matt & me) moved from Australia to the UK 6 years ago. As time has passed the webpage has become a rather high maintenance and more of a chore than a hobby. As a result it’s languished without TLC for the past 18 months leaving friends and family in the dark.
Time to do something about that I thought one day…and here I am. The blog thing seems easy enough, quick to update, upload photos, linking to other sites. I’ve probably just jinxed myself!!
So we'll see how it goes

Anyhoo…..a little about myself? I’m an Australian living in the UK. We moved over here to be closer to Matt’s family and are here indefinitely. And no I don’t know how long that means! My family is pretty much all in Australia but we have roots here so it’s interesting to travel around and see where my ancestors once lived.
Matt’s actually English Italian and has lived in Canada and Australia for large chunks of his life as well so he’s a bit mixed up…I try not to stress him out!!!! Nah he’s great and puts up with my…quirks without comment! And he can cook!!

I guess this blog is mainly for those back home that want to keep up with what we’re doing but hopefully I reach a wider audience and even get to make some new friends.
I'll be posting as frequently as I can think of things to write. Mostly stuff about my life and interests. But also posts about our travels (including spur of the moment on the road posts!!) and use it to showcase some of our keen amateur photography skills.

I’m also in to cooking, knitting, gardening, writing, reading, crafty type stuff and nutrition. And all of that will probably come up in conversation quite frequently. Knitting in particular at the moment…I seem to be obsessed.

Consider yourself warned!!!!!

No comments: